Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hooked on the Stuff

My name is Maggie, and I'm a gear junkie.

There, I've admitted it. But I have no intention in completing the 11 other steps in the 12-Step program.

We have a closet full of camping and backpacking gear. You'd think we have enough, but apparently not. The weekend is half over and already we've been to the big sale at REI and spent most of the birthday money from my parents (thanks, Mom and Dad!). I got a new pair of hiking boots, which I'm told will last years and years and years. Also, both of our dogs got a dog pack as shown in the photo. We'd had this stuff less than 24 hours before hitting up a local trail for a day hike to try everything out.















If you're around Los Alamos this week and you see me wearing something on my feet other than the new boots, you've got my permission to smack me and tell me to go put them on. I need to put on some miles to break them in for the big trek to Mt. Lindsey over Memorial Day Weekend. Please note that the previous statement and permission do not count if I am in my own house (ahem, Leni).

Keep It Real!

No comments:

Post a Comment