Monday, August 27, 2012

Dresser Redo

On one Saturday two summers ago, I hit up an estate sale and came home with some pretty good finds: 2 wine racks, a watering can for flowers (which have long since died), and a dresser.  The dresser, I remember, was $10.  I gave the family the money and came back with Leni and the truck a few hours later to pick the dresser up.  

Ever since that time, the dresser has rested in the room that later became Josh's room.  It was functional, but didn't match anything in the room.  I didn't really care, because it was the good price and the functionality that pleased me.  Recently, however, I saw a picture of a piece of furniture online that inspired me to re-paint the one we had.  So after a trip to the hardware store for paint and new hardware, I got down to business.
Before

Dresser painting: done

Painting the drawers (bulk of time)

After!
Leni helped a little bit here and there, which was great.  I worked on this off and on for about a week but considering all the drying times, etc, it probably would have been about a day and a half job if there hadn't been a baby involved, but that's cool.  I definitely learned a lot and wouldn't be opposed to another project like this in the future.

Keep It Real!

2 comments:

  1. That is super cute! Great job Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, you never cease to amaze me. :)

    ReplyDelete