Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Letter

Dear Robert Zemeckis, Bob Gale, Steven Spielberg, and all others involved with the writing, directing and production of Back to the Future Part II:

First of all, thank you! I've grown up with the Back to the Future trilogy and consider myself a better person for it. I even watched all three movies on Thanksgiving Day back in 2006. Or was it 1955?

Anyway, the real reason for this correspondence is to give you this well-deserved and very needed warning:

You have five years left.

In part II of the Back to the Future series, hoverboards were all the rage. Tons of people had them. They seemed to be quite accessible to the common public and not just for the rich. They were shown in the year 2015, as depicted by the time circuits on the Delorean time machine.

I wanted a hoverboard as a kid so very badly and that childhood wish has not at all withered in the 21 years that have passed since the release of this movie. But according to your movie, hoverboards should be around and in heavy use in no more than 5 years.

I won't hold you to the hover capability of cars. I don't expect there to be floating trash cans roaming the streets. My dogs don't need an automatic dog walking machine. Clothes that automatically fit the person who dons them and can reactively dry themselves when wet would be awesome, but I'm not making those demands. I'm asking very little when you really think about it.

If you are at a loss of where to start, the nice hot pink one that Michael J. Fox rode was manufactured by Mattel. This is the one for which I will be saving my money. I do not need one of those fancy ones that can go over water, as nice as they look.

I'm not meaning to threaten. I just wanted to give you a heads up because I'm sure others are anxiously waiting as well.

God bless you all and I look forward to seeing your work in the near (5 year) future.

Sincerely,

Maggie <><

No comments:

Post a Comment