Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Case of the Mondays

This coming Monday won't be like any other Monday.

The weather will be nice, which is getting to be normal around here. I'll get up at my leisure and go into work for a couple hours and come home when I feel like it. Setting your own hours at work is so wonderful.

The main difference is that when I get home from work, Leni won't be there. Nope. I'll wait impatiently for him because I'll be excited to hear about his very first day of work! It's a huge, long story full of well-meaning people, red tape, delays, and more frustration than I have ever experienced in my life, but we're there and Leni has a job now.

I don't think it will really hit us, or at least me, until that first paycheck comes. Kind of how graduating college did not seem real until the Fall rolled around and I found myself somewhere other than in a classroom.

Anyway, I wanted to thank those of you who have been there for us during this situation of unemployment. Thank you for your support. Thank you for asking how we were doing. Thank you for your offers of financial assistance. Thank you for your empathy and being angry about the situation for us. Most of all, thank you for praying for and with us. And to those of you who haven't been in the loop and really had no idea about all this, I'm sorry for not telling you about it. I'm usually pretty good at communication with friends but these last few months were hard and I just didn't feel like telling the story over and over. Thanks for your understanding.

To celebrate on a small scale, we're going out to eat when we go to Santa Fe on Saturday - a treat we haven't afforded ourselves in many months (unless of course someone else was paying -thanks to both sets of parents!). Since it's Leni's job, I'm letting him pick the restaurant. It was no surprise that he chose a restaurant attached to a local brewery :) No matter how much money that boy makes in his career, his tastes will always warrant a good beer and something from the grill.























Keep It Real!

No comments:

Post a Comment